Ioannina: The Silver City
A centuries old town by a beautiful lake, in a ring of high mountains by the sunny beaches of the Mediterrannean Sea.
A playground for numerous outdoor activities,
a place for quiet and peaceful vacations, an ideal and modern conference destination.
How to get to Ioannina
- You can reach Ioannina by regular intercity bus services from Athens, Thessaloniki, Igoumenitsa, Preveza, Kakavia (Albania), and other Greek cities.
- A regular ferry service from Igoumenitsa to the ports of Italy connects Ioannina with Western Europe.
- A relevant service also links the city with Corfu.
- The city of Ioannina has an airport at a distance of 4 km. from the city center and 10 km. from the campus, with daily flights to Athens.
- The most common ways of getting to the city are shown in detail in the map.The campus is located at a 6 km. distance from the city center and access is possible:
(i) by urban bus that runs every 10 mins from the city center;
(ii) by taxi (costs around 10 €);
(iii) by car (10 mins)